[By the way, I participated in the Group Writing Project with Top 5 Italian Words You Don’t Want to Mispronounce. There will soon be a new group writing project at Problogger, so stay tuned!]
OK, so the point is that since I was going to feature a blogger or two anyway today, I thought, why not five?
So here are five of my favorite writing related sites–some about the craft, some by my favorite writers:
1. Burnettiquette by Miami Herald columnist James Burnett. The tagline is “Where common sense meets the news.” Love it! I dare you to go visit him and leave without pondering some great social ill, current event or trend. Simply fabulous.
2. NYC/Caribbean Ragazza. This is a gal who packed up her life in Los Angeles as a Hollywood film exec and moved it to Rome where now she’s collaborating with an Italian screenwriter on a new film. Amazing story, amazing woman. Must read.
3. The Golden Pencil by Anne Wayman. So much excellent advice here for writers from technique to the business end, and lots of great job opportunities posted as well. I’d definitely recommend subscribing if you’re a freelance writer.
4. The (Mis)Adventures of a Single City Chick by Christina Arbini. Christina’s was one of the very first blogs I read, and I cannot wait to read one of her books. Publishers, you listening?! Christina has such enthusiasm and passion for writing (and for life), it’s hard to leave her blog without smiling. Don’t you love that?
5. distraction no. 99 by Nova Ren Suma. Nova writes so honestly and openly about her writing process, rejections *and* acceptances that I feel like I’m right there with her. And thank goodness she lets me be–it’s a wonderful ride.
By the way, if you’re looking to spark creativity, making these “five lists” is a great method. You may even find that you want to expand each one and write a whole post about it. Look! A whole week of posts!
How do you come up with blog post ideas?
P.S. Can you believe it’s August already?! Gah!