I had lots of ideas for what my O Foods for Ovarian Cancer Awareness Contest recipe would be, but in the end, none was better than one of our standby favorites that is just *laden* with O’s.
Spaghetti AgliO OliO e PeperoncinO
- Spaghetti for two people
- Water for pasta
- A few tablespoons of oil
- 3 cloves of garlic, peeled and slightly crushed
- 1 hot pepper, chopped, or hot pepper flakes to taste
- Salt to taste
- Optional: bread crumbs, chopped parsley and/or grated cheese
1. Put water for pasta on to boil.
2. Prepare garlic and pepper.
3. Once the water is boiling, add salt and pasta; remove when al dente.
4. In the meantime, just a few minutes before the pasta will be ready, heat oil on medium and then add the garlic, hot pepper, and salt to taste. Just let the garlic get a little brown, but be careful so it doesn’t burn.
5. Remove the garlic, add the pasta to the pan, and toss well together, leaving it all over the heat for about a minute as you mix.
6. Sprinkle with bread crumbs, parsley and/or grated cheese, allowing it to blend together a bit more before removing from heat.
7. Serve hot.
You still have until Monday, 28 September 2009 to get your O Food recipes in! Find out all the info on the contest here–which includes the text you need to include in your post to be eligible for prizes.