Indeed, I’m taking this week off from the blog so I can enjoy some of the festivities, catch up on various work and personal projects, and also continue packing as our move is really picking up steam. Woohoo!
But I’m certainly not leaving you with nothing to do:
- Pasqua in Calabria: A description of Badolato Superiore’s day long procession on Sabato Santo (Holy Saturday) and La Cumprunta, the magical Easter Sunday meeting between the Madonna and Jesus.
- Pasqua in Calabria: The Photos: Photos of the festivities on Sabato Santo and Easter Sunday.
- Still Celebrating: Easter celebrations in Italy continue into Easter Monday, or Pasquetta.
- Calabrian Cuzzupe: Recipe for traditional Calabrian Easter cake.
- Deno’s Easter Eggs: One of my favorite childhood Easter memories–now with an additional comment from the infamous Deno himself! How cool!
For those of you who have been around the blog a while, you’ve probably already seen those links…but not these videos, newly uploaded to Flickr. They are of La Cumprunta in 2007; I tried unsuccessfully to upload others from Sabato Santo and even Good Friday. I *will* keep trying, so do check back for updates. Enjoy!