***Be sure to check out NutellaDay.com for the most up-to-date info!***
Who can remember the first time they were allowed to eat chocolate for breakfast?
Nutella is more than just a “chocolaty hazelnut spread,” it is a way of life. From childhood memories to oozing hot crepes, from breakfasts on vacation to free-spooning sessions on the couch, Nutella is prominent in the memories of many children and grown-up children in the world.
Last year we gave it its own holiday, and this year we’re continuing the tradition.
Sara from Ms. Adventures in Italy and Michelle from Bleeding Espresso (and Shelley from At Home in Rome, in spirit) solemnly declare February 5th “World Nutella Day 2008” – a day to celebrate, to get creative with, and most importantly, to EAT Nutella.
How to participate:
- Make a recipe using Nutella. Take a picture of yourself eating Nutella with a BIG spoon. Make art with Nutella. Wax poetic about Nutella. Re-live your first experience eating Nutella. Have a Nutella-eating contest or a Nutella party!
- Take pictures, upload a video, and blog about it from now until February 4th, 2008.
- Email nutelladay [at] nutelladay [dot] com. with Subject: Nutella Day Entry and include your name, your site name, and your permalink/URL by February 4th, 2008. You can also attach one 100×100 pixel photo of your dish, etc. to be included in the roundup. We’ll be posting the round-up on the 5th of February.
- On your blog, please include the Nutella Day 2008 badge and/or a link pointing to this post so others can participate, too!
- Tag/categorize your post with “Nutella Day.”
- Flickr: Add your photos to the Nutella Day Flickr pool
- YouTube: Add your Nutella-inspired video to the Nutella Day YouTube station
For some inspiration on Nutella recipes, read:
- Last year’s World Nutella Day roundups – Part 1 and Part 2
- Steamy Kitchen with Nutella twisted up in her no-knead Challah
- Novice Baker’s Nutella Two-Tone Cookies
- Dessert First examining her love affair with Nutella and Pierre Herme’s Nutella tart
- Last year’s World Nutella Day introduction post with more information, history, and recipes!
Hope to see you around for this year’s celebration!