Today is the first in a two-part series in which I will do all of the meme tags I currently have outstanding. With recent Internet issues, I got a little behind, but let it not be said that I am not a diligent blogger. Because I am. It just might take a while.
For those dying in anticipation, tomorrow will be my first Italian meme! Don’t worry, I’ll translate for the Italianistically challenged.
So, way back on March 19, I was tagged by AJ for the 4 Things meme, which goes a little something like this:
Four jobs I’ve had
1. Freelance writer
2. Appellate law clerk
3. Clothes folder at college bookstore
4. Amusement park ride operator
Four movies I can watch over and over
1. The American President
2. Shawshank Redemption
3. A Few Good Men
4. Meet the Parents
Four places I have lived
1. Anthracite Coal Country, Pennsylvania, USA
2. Durham, North Carolina, USA
3. Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
4. Calabria, Italy
Four television shows I love to watch
2. Gilmore Girls
3. Friends, still
4. King of Queens
Four places I have been on vacation
1. Sarasota, Florida, USA
2. Atlanta, Georgia, USA
3. Boston, Massachusetts, USA
4. Morehead City Beach, North Carolina, USA
Four of my favorite dishes
Four websites I visit daily
Four places I would rather be right now
1. Anywhere hugging my niece and nephew.
2. Snuggled with P, anywhere.
3. Somewhere with only a book, Luna, and time to keep me company.
4. Completely moved in and settled in our “new” old house.
Four bloggers I am tagging
1. Cheeky, because I’m just getting to know her and this way is as good as any.
2. Cherrye, because I know she loves a good meme as much as anyone.
3. Erin, for reasons 2 and 3 above.
4. Shannon, because she’s such a tag-backer it’s not even funny.
More recently, I was tagged by two lovely ladies, Irene and Val, on the same day not even an hour apart, but thankfully with the same meme. This one is called the 7 things meme and these are the rules:
Each player starts with 7 random facts/habits about themselves. People who are tagged need to write on their own blog about their seven things, as well as these rules. You need to choose 7 people to get tagged and list their names. Don’t forget to leave them a comment telling them that they have been tagged and to read your blog!
Alrighty. I’ve already posted 100 Things, Another 100 Things, Six Weird Things, and another five things based on the five senses for good measure. You’d think I’d be out of stuff you don’t know about me, wouldn’t you?
Hah! You don’t know me very well.
For this meme, I’m going with the 7 theme and basing this list on the Seven Deadly Sins and how they manifest themselves in me.
The revelation that I’m not perfect? Consider that your bonus eighth.
1. Lust. Well we might as well start big. And yet tame, because this is mostly a family blog, right? So let’s just say that I love wearing sexy things to bed, especially little nighties.
2. Gluttony. Put freshly baked cakes or muffins in front of me if you must, but do take them away after five minutes or else there won’t be any left for anyone else.
3. Greed. I’m not very greedy when it comes to accumulating things except for books. I want them. I want to buy them. And most often, I want to keep them.
4. Sloth. Left to my own devices, I can waste a darn lot of time just lying around doing nothing. Although a book is often my accomplice, so that’s not technically “nothing” is it?
5. Wrath. I don’t have a bad temper, but when you piss me off, you’d be advised to just leave me alone. I don’t want to talk about it (yet), and be forewarned that although I forgive, I don’t forget.
6. Envy. As much as I don’t care to have a lot of money, I have always envied women born into wealthy families in the early to mid 20th century–you know, the kinds that were respected, educated, and well-traveled but never worked except for charities?
7. Pride. I’m seriously concerned about the amount of white hairs sprouting on my head, and so I will probably be playing with hair color soon. This saddens me.
So there we are.
Now I’m supposed to tag 7 people, who if they choose to accept the challenge, may do the original meme of 7 things we don’t know about them or my revised Seven Deadly Sins version.
Aren’t I kind?
1. Annika because she’s always up for a good meme.
2. Bongga Mom because I’m hoping she’ll reveal more bongga mom secrets.
3. Delinissima because I don’t believe I’ve ever seen a meme on her blog and I’m concerned.
4. Femminista because I love her blog (and her new puppy) and you should too.
5. Judith because I have a feeling she’s a sinner (and she said no one ever asks her to do memes).
6. Karen because I know with two young daughters at home, she’s kinda bored and just wishing she had a meme to complete.
7. Vanessa because she’s tagged me before and it’s only fair.
You’re up! And to everyone I’ve tagged, please leave a link to your meme post here in the comments if you do decide to play.
[tags]memes, seven deadly sins[/tags]