I’ve seen this idea floating around the blogosphere for a while, but now that my good friend goodthomas has done it, I want to play too.
Here is some old-fashioned, Google-driven fun that entails typing your name and the word “needs” in quotes into the search engine feature. So, for example, I typed in “michelle needs,” being that “sognatrice needs” wasn’t going to get me very far.
Here are my 10 favorite results followed by my comments in brackets:
(1) michelle needs a family that will be patient, consistent, kind, loving [yes, yes I do; thank you for taking my needs into consideration]
(2) michelle needs to exercise her right to shut the f**k up [ouch, *somebody* needs anger management]
(3) michelle needs to move on with someone else since Tony’s no longer around [so long sucker!]
(4) michelle needs to just shut up [all right already!]
(5) michelle needs money so she can travel to Canada and the US to meet bloggers [well I don’t know if I would’ve phrased it that way, but sure, I’ll accept donations for an international blog tour, and I’d even make time for my patient, consistent, kind, loving family]
(6) michelle needs to come out and be our studio manager [not such a good idea since I don’t even know what that is]
(7) michelle needs help (no, literally) [as opposed to the figurative help I’m always whining about]
(8) michelle needs to clear and vacuum her cluttered bedroom [get out of my house freak!]
(9) michelle needs your votes now! [yeah! free espresso for all!]
(10) michelle needs to stop the madness and eat a hamburger or something [if you insist]
If you decide to do this, come back here and put up your link in the comments; and for anyone who doesn’t have a blog, feel free to paste the results right in a comment.
Buon weekend a tutti!