Today’s What’s Cooking Wednesday is a recipe that I’ve never even heard of outside of P’s family, so this is some secret information. Delicious too. And it also, again, involves eggs. I told you we get a lot of them.
Spaghetti con Carciofi
(Spaghetti with Artichokes)
1. Clean the artichokes, cut them into wedges, and remember to put them in lemon water as you go so they don’t lose their color. Boil the artichokes in unsalted water until they are about half way to tender. Remove and drain.
2. Put on water for the pasta, and prepare pasta when water is ready.
3. In a separate bowl, beat together the eggs and cheese and set aside.
4. In a medium skillet, heat up olive oil and then sauté garlic until lightly golden brown. Add parsley and artichokes, coat them in the oil, and cook for about 15 minutes or until tender.
5. Add the egg and cheese to skillet and let cook until eggs harden, adding breadcrumbs at the very end and combining them well with the mixture. Add salt to taste.
6. For ease of mixing together the pasta and the sauce, remove large pieces of artichokes and set aside. Combine pasta with the remaining mixture and then garnish with the artichoke wedges for serving.