Hello friends! I hope you got to have a nice break over the holidays. I sure did, and it was fabulous. The past two weeks have been spent hanging out with P and the girls, reading, organizing the house, catching up with online friends, and best of all, next to no work.
I had a couple deadlines today so I had to get back to the old grind before the rest of Italy, but that’s OK; I’ll have off again tomorrow for the Epiphany, which I’ve written about at Happy Befana! if you need to refresh your memory on La Befana, the Epiphany witch.
Now to ease us all back into the blog, here’s a quick 5 things meme to get the wheels turning. This comes from Yankee in a New World:
1. What are 5 things you were doing ten years ago?
- Starting my second semester of law school.
- Living in a high-rise apartment on the Ben Franklin Parkway in Philadelphia.
- Finishing up the first holiday season without my grandfather.
- Thinking about summer employment.
- Already dreading how boring and awful Civil Procedure would be (and I was right).
2. What are 5 things on your to do list for today?
- Walk the dogs a few times.
- An Italian grammar lesson.
- Search the freelance writing job boards for anything that looks interesting.
- Spend an hour working on my NaNo novel.
- Do research for a query.
3. What are your 5 favorite snacks?
- Pretzels (and ice cream, especially).
- Apples or bananas and peanut butter.
- Yogurt (pineapple and coffee are my two current favorites).
4. What would you do if you were a millionaire?
- Visit my family much more often and fly them here too.
- Get a huge chunk of land in the Calabrian countryside for P to grow and raise things.
- Pay off student loans.
- Travel more, especially to meet blogging buddies.
- Donate money and time (assuming I wouldn’t have to work as often) to charitable organizations.
5. Where are 5 places you have lived?
- A cute, boxy white house built by my family in rural Pennsylvania.
- A dorm room with a gorgeous bay window in Durham, North Carolina.
- The aforementioned high-rise apartment with enormous windows lining one side in Philadelphia.
- An adorable rowhome with a fabulous inside staircase, loft, and huge brick wall in Philly.
- A 500-year-old three-room stone house in southern Italy.
I won’t tag anyone, but if you’re in the mood for a meme, please feel free to play along in the comments or on your own blog and let me know where to find your answers!
So are you ready for 2009 or what?