Have you heard of the Menu for Hope?
You can read all about it at Sara’s Ms Adventures in Italy, including the details of how to bid on prizes, but here is a quick summary:
Menu for Hope is an annual fundraising campaign held by food bloggers around the world each December. Bloggers offer fabulous food-related prizes for the Menu for Hope raffle; this year, bidding is open between December 15 and December 24.
Anyone can buy raffle tickets to bid on the prizes. For every $10 donated, you earn one virtual raffle ticket to bid on a prize of your choice. At the end of the campaign, winners will be drawn and announced at Chez Pim.
You can find prize lists at the local hosts’ sites:
- Europe *and* the UK : Sara of Ms Adventures in Italy
- US: West Coast (If you are closer to SF than you are to NY then you belong here.) : Matt Armendariz of Matt Bites
- US: East Coast : Jaden Hair of Steamy Kitchen
- Canada : Meena Agarwal of Hooked on Heat
- Asia Pacific, Australia, New Zealand : Ed Charles of Tomato
- Special Wine Blog Host : Alder of Vinography
Proceeds benefit the United Nations World Food Programme, so you’ll be contributing to a great cause while getting the chance to win great prizes.
Can’t figure out what to get the person who has everything? Why not donate in his or her name? You can even print out Sara’s handy dandy vouchers so you can hand them something tangible!
Now go check out the prizes and bid before December 24!