[Loved when Will Ferrell did his Lipton impersonation on Saturday Night Live!]
I’m not a movie or theater buff by any means, but I find something so inspirational and moving in watching real actors–and by that I mean those who are truly artists–speaking about their craft, life, love and more.
Some of my favorite interviewees have been Robin Williams, Al Pacino, Jodie Foster, Kevin Spacey, Tom Hanks, Matt Damon, Andy Garcia (of course!) . . . the list could go on and on.
Seriously, I recommend setting aside a few hours if you start exploring this YouTube option.
And P.S. if anyone is able to put more clips on, I’d love to see Morgan Freeman, Sydney Pollack, Carol Burnett, David Duchovny, Peter Falk, oh just all of them (see a list of all past guests here.)
The most well-known part of the program is probably the 10 questions that come from the French series Bouillon de Culture hosted by Bernard Pivot; Lipton asks these of each and every guest on Inside the Actors Studio and the answers are often witty, always intriguing.
Since I don’t anticipate appearing on that stage anytime soon, I thought it would be fun to do on the blog; here are the questions and my answers:
- What is your favorite word? Lollygagging
- What is your least favorite word? Hate
- What turns you on creatively, spiritually or emotionally? Someone pursuing their passion
- What turns you off? Condescension
- What is your favorite curse word? Cazzo (Italian slang for penis but equivalent to our F-bomb in severity)
- What sound or noise do you love? Laughter, laughter and more laughter
- What sound or noise do you hate? Mosquitoes
- What profession other than your own would you like to attempt? Pastry chef
- What profession would you not like to do? Trash collector
- If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the Pearly Gates? Your family is this-a-way
What are your answers?
Please feel free to play along in the comments or post to your own blog!
Hey, did I just create a meme?