Author Rosina Lippi is having a meme contest to get the word out about the upcoming release date for Tied to the Tracks (more information below). The theme is: Five Reasons the Best [Writers, Bloggers] Come From [a geographical space, real or imaginary] and the prizes are (1) a $100 Amazon gift certificate and (2) a pile o’ books, including some of Lippi’s, signed.
Pretty cool huh? If you want to enter, you have until July 3rd, so get moving!
Here’s my entry:
Five Reasons the Best Bloggers Come From the Bel Paese (
1. Consonants are cool, but everyone knows that vowels make the world go round. We use more of them in Italy than you ever thought possible. Just a small example: “Ciaoooooooo!”
2. Inspiration abounds in our rolling hills, gorgeous lakes, pristine seas, Renaissance art, wine (ah il vino!), and even the mozzarella–especially when it goes funny.
3. We’ll never let you go home hungry, even encouraging you to take that third helping of pasta because (get this!) “you’re too thin!”
4. You want history, culture, and traces of ancient civilization? We got your history, culture, and traces of ancient civilization right here pal.
5. Everyone loves Italia! You don’t *have* to, of course, but if you don’t, we’ll find you. We know people.
“[This] is a hilarious, smart, sexy novel with a heart of gold.” — Susan Wiggs
“[Lippi] turns her buoyant creative talents to the romantic comedy genre with an effervescent tale of a trio of offbeat Yankee filmmakers plunked down deep in the heart of Dixie.” — Booklist
Read an excerpt. (Adobe Reader required)| Watch the book trailer